The Porsche Dashcam is suitable for making videos of driving situations and parking manuvers. It is operated via a special app in which all settings can be carried out. Recorded videos are saved on the supplied SD card and continuously overwritten. If the Dashcam detects a strong vibration or the radar sensor is triggered, the recorded video is stored separately and is not overwritten. Recordings can be downloaded directly from the SD card or via the app.
Recording begins automatically when the engine is started. If a vibration event occurs, the 10 seconds before the event and the time after the event are stored separately. The vibration sensor can be disabled for filming on the race track using the "Continuous" setting in the app.
During parking manuvers, the Dashcam is in sleep mode but ready for operation. Recording is triggered by the radar sensor or the vibration sensor. The duration and scope of sleep mode vary depending on the vehicle model and equipment.
- Video recording in QHD
- Audio recording (can be disabled)
- GPS sensor
- Radar sensor for recording a video if an object approaches the vehicle (depending on vehicle model and equipment)
- Vibration sensor (depending on vehicle model)
- Lens with polarization filter for reducing reflections and improving color and contrast
- Windscreen bracket for secure mounting
- Includes camera and mounting and vehicle cable set
Intended for models pre-wired for this option, but can be retrofitted to cars which are not prewired:
- All Taycan models
- All Boxster models - 2017-2022
- All Cayman models - 2017-2022
- All 911 Carrera models - 2020-2022
- All Macan models - 2019-2022
- All Panamera models - 2017-2022
- All Cayenne models - 2019-2022
Installation details are coming soon. Dealer installation and activation is required.