Charger and trickle charger (5.0 A). The increased charging power reduces the battery's charging time. Select your region. An additional charge mode for Porsche lightweight batteries (lithium-ion) facilitates their use in motor sports, ideal for GT3, GT3 RS, GT2 RS, & other models with factory race batteries. This battery maintainer won't fix a defective battery. If you suspect that the battery is defective, or if a maintainer won't help, have your battery tested by a professional.
Compatibility:All Boxster Models - 1997-2022All Cayman Models - 2005-2022All Carrera Models - 1999-2022*All Cayenne Models (except Hybrid) - 2003-2022*All Panamera Models (except Hybrid) - 2009-2022*All Macan Models** - 2014-2022* Classic models*
NOTE: "*" Battery Clamp Option: Some Classic and newer Porsche models won't allow you to charge via the cigarette lighter socket. For these models, you have to add adapter clamps so you can charge on the battery terminals directly. We recommend adding these clamps to make this maintainer compatible with a wider range of vehicles. See our notes below about vehicle specific restrictions and fitment.
Vehicle Specific Notes (updated):
- 981, 991, & 718 - For 2013-2021 Boxster or Cayman, & 2013-2019 911 Carrera models: Long term storage can put these cars in "Sleep Mode", which will disable the center console plug socket and shut off the battery maintainer. To bypass this, lock the door after setting up the battery maintainer. Or directly connect the battery maintainer to the recommended charging points using the optional alligator clips.
- Macan - "**" Macan models can't be charged at the 12 volt plugs inside the car. To bypass this, visit your local Porsche dealer and they can code your Macan to accept a battery maintainer. Or purchase the additional battery clamps and charge the battery directly.
- Panamera - For 2017 or newer Panamera models, you must purchase the additional maintainer clamps and charge and the battery directly for models without a cigarette lighter.
- Cayenne - For 2017 or newer Cayenne models, you must purchase the additional maintainer clamps and charge and the battery directly for models without a cigarette lighter.
- 992 - For 2020 or newer 911 models, you must purchase the additional maintainer clamps and charge at the battery directly.
- E-Hybrid Models - This is NOT compatible with Porsche electric or hybrid models.