Headlight Film - Carrera 996
Colored films are designed and intended for off-road use only. Consult and review state and local jurisdiction laws regarding the application of colored films before purchasing or installing, install colored films at your own risk.
Installation: Instructions are included, heat gun is sometimes needed.
Ships in 2-3 business days.
Fits all 1999-2004 Carrera (996) models. Comes with both headlight covers. Trimming is sometimes required for headlight washers on 1999-01 models.
TURBO MODELS! - For 2001 911 Turbo models, please select the "2002-2005" option.
Note: 2000 model year shown, actual kit may vary. Professional installation recommended.
Custom, made to order. Not returnable under any circumstance.
laminex protect protection 2001 2002 2003 2004 2000 1999 1998 lamin-x film light lamp lights head front
Customer Ratings & Reviews
1. Follow the instructions to a T. ALWAYS keep your fingers very wet while handling the covers after you've peeled off the backing.
2. The alignment of the cover can take time to get just right, and you can't just float it around until it's lined up. You have to peel and re-tack it each time you decide it's a bit crooked.
3. Make sure you have a very very sharp exacto knife with a spare blade or two, as the trimming around the edges cannot be done with anything less sharp.
4. Bubbles are not easy to squeegie to the edge, so try to eliminate them as you lay down the cover onto the headlight.
5. For the Porsche 996 covers, small triangular pieces are provided for the part of the headlight that has headlight washers. You have to cut out the hole for the headlight washer if you have them, which can be a pain. I used notebook paper to make a template that fit well, and then traced the hole pattern onto the lamin-x vinyl. Worked ok, but it required cutting a very small slit to allow the vinyl to conform to the odd shape it has to conform to just under the washers.
The only con about these headlight covers is that their surface is not as smooth as factory headlights. They have a bit of a wavy / mottled vinyl look to them. Sort of like looking through an old window. Most people would not notice, but if you're used to seeing crystal clear, smooth as glass headlights, you will notice. I would rather have the protection the covers offer than to have a chipped or cracked factory headlight, though!
Overall, great product that does the job. Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend