PCM 3.0/3.1 Map Update (997.2, 987.2, & 970)
Replaces the original maps with the latest version available. The maps have an updated database with more points of interest, with over 6 million miles of road covered. The update provides 14% (or more depending on the age of your maps) points of interest, including updated restaurants, more ATMs, and more gas stations. As a result, considerably more tourist information (hotels, restaurants, parking garages/lots, services stations, etc.) are provided.
Upgrades the operating software to latest version available. Not sure what your car has? To check the software levels, press the INFO and SOURCE button at the same time to reveal your software level.
Special Note: dealer installation and activation required, early production vehicles may need the V1.4 software update. This item is not returnable under any circumstance. File photo shown.
Maps for cars outside North America must be special ordered, allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
Notes: The following additional functions can be used on PCM3.0 after updating the system software to system version V2.2, depending on vehicle equipment.
Navigation: – Adaptation of map display according to personal requirements (e.g. 3D map setting/display and hide traffic messages, etc.) and display of these features as a symbol on the map. Selection of these features by selecting a symbol on the screen.
– When displaying the list of cities containing cities with identical names, the “Details” button can be used to show an additional map with more information. This makes it easier to select the destination you want.
– Additional display of set route options (toll, highway, etc.) as symbols in the Navigation main menu.
– When the detour query function is activated, a traffic message is displayed (approx. 10 minutes before reaching a traffic jam). You can then choose to “Detour”/”Ignore” the traffic jam or request further “Details”.
Bluetooth – The internal telephone (only for telephone module [I-no. 661]) switches automatically to Handsfree Profile (HFP) mode if the mobile phone does not support the SIM Access Profile (similar to SIM card inserted in PCM). Vehicle does not have to be re-coded in the workshop.
– Synchronization of call lists on mobile phone/PCM.
Voice control (I-no. 671):
– Increased recognition rate due to additional street queries. A “Best Match” is thus shown and alternatives are ruled out immediately.
Sport Chrono (I-no. 639/640):
– Graphic display of the recorded route
– Full-text search for Standard audio USB media (searches the entire database for any text) interface (I-no. 870):
– New music search, starting from the track that is currently playing.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!